We are so excited about this bread recipe, its gluten free, nut free, and tastes delicious! The recipe is simple to do and was created by the lovely Pru Wood who writes the Creatively Paleo blog, and is also the force behind Ayni Chocolates. But if you don’t have the ingredients to hand, or you want simplicity in your life you can always buy a packet of the specially created tiger nut bread mix from Pru’s pantry here for just £2.95 here ! Pru has also created a yummy mix for ginger and chocolate biscuits also made with our tiger nut flour, and is busy creating some delicious chocolate and tiger nut creations which we hope will be on sale soon.
- 220g tapioca flour
- 40g tiger nut flour
- 15g psyllium husk
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ACV or lemon juice
- 40 ml water
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (fan oven) or 200 C for a non fan oven.
- Weigh all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the eggs, water, olive oil and finally the apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to the dryingredients and combine. You may need to use a whisk to get the mixture to a relatively smooth consistency.
- Line a loaf tin with non stick baking paper.
- Pour the mixture into the lined load tin and smooth over.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Enjoy hot with a knob of butter if you eat it, or leave to cool for sandwiches or toast. It is pureperfection when spread with lashings of paleo friendly lemon curd or jam.